Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome

Hey Everyone,

We can use this blog to bounce ideas off each other for the various topics. I'm working on way such that we can organize certain areas, based on the different teams(Logistics, F&B, Activities, etc). I'm thinking along the lines of different folders for different discsussions.

I'm always open to suggestions as far as look & feel are concerned on this. I'm relatively new to blogspot, so it may take a little while to figure out how to optimize it for our discussions. If anybody is a blogspot expert I would appreciate your help.

The one catch to posting on a new topic on this blog is that you must create a gmail account. This only takes like 30 seconds and you don't have to use it for anything other than the log-in.

12 comments:

  1. I was able to log in with my yahoo e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to log in with my charter.net e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called Applebee's and they do several things. The corporate manger is to get back to me by next Tuesday.
    Also, I was shopping today and Finish Line has Livestrong items and is a sponsor of the Livestrong foundation. We can check them out for a donation or for sponsorship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I talked with Orland Gardens this morning. Breakfast is 15.11 a person with a room for 4 hours or a room is $350 for four hours and we can negotiate donuts and coffee. The dinners were around $20 a person with a cash bar and 4 hours of the room. They also do a brunch and Grant trails restaurant is open to the public for breakfast on Sat and Sun. I will call them and see what they have to say. Breakfast and Dinner sound like a lot of money for a family to spend. Maybe we need to rethink all of the food and just have one meal somewhere. Sunday is the cheaper day and they are flexible with prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spoke to St. Louis county parks and recreation department. Here's the summary.
    1. The fund raising group (us) and the charity (LSS) will need to carry liability insurance. 2 million per occurence.
    2. Suggestion from the special events planner was to use Clydsdale Park as a base. Reservations required.
    3. $88.00 usage fee (we pay)
    4. Permits to sell items (fee unknown at this time)
    5. Health Department permit if food is sold
    6. We would be responsible for trash and cleanup at Clydsdale Park. Suggested a dumpster depending of how may attending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've called Grant's Farm, they are not open until April 18th. My friend who used to run it was forced into retirement by InBev, he's no longer a contact for us to use. Hopefully someone will call me back, I did leave a message.

    Here is the list of action items from last class:
    ~Cat-Grant's Farm (see above)
    ~Joe Seeger-park's dept
    ~Diane-AppleBee's
    ~Martha-Afton Sports Complex
    ~Joe Susai-Krispi Kream
    ~Brian-baseline
    ~Kim-Livestrong Charity
    ~Jon-discussion forum
    ~Matt-list out section responsibilities

    Some of the action items have already been completed obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, another couple comments having read again some others results:

    1. This is too big. Are we planning a fund raiser or the Afton Days Summer Festival?
    2. My roommate, who is probably the slowest biker you'll ever know...he clocks in at 5 min miles on his bike. He did the entire trail in 80 minutes. I don't think 3 meals is neccessary for a 2-3 hour max event. How about donuts/coffee and a stand they buy lunch at?
    3. Mary, I wonder what Chili's or Q-doba would charge to cater in an event. I know that Chili's caters the Friday night blue's nights at Jefferson Barracks park...Blues on the Mississippi. I know there are other companies that also do that kind of catering. Perhpas we should see what Joe Susai comes up with from Krispi Kream as well.
    4. Joe Seger..I wonder if the LiveStrong charity carries that much liability. Surley they do as they are themselves fund raising frequently. Kim, would you please find out about this when you call them? Also ask them if they donate thier little wrist bands and things. Also, did the parks dept not know how much the permits would be? Are they planning on calling you back with this info?
    5. Jon..thanks for setting this up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crud... that's supposed to be...Jon, thanks for setting this up!..not? Sorry, typo...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The permit to sell items, I believe is per booth. I will clarify tomorrow. P.S. Great job Jon for setting up the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Applebee’s

    Applebee’s will create a flyer to give to customers.
    Each order with a flyer – Applebee will donate 10% of bill to our Charity.
    Applebee’s will place the flyers around the trail and give to their customers the week before the event.
    Applebee’s is investigating the idea of being a sponsor of the bike relay. That is a corporate office decision.
    They do not wish to do the breakfast’s anymore but may be persuaded if we want to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grant's Farm called back. They have an area called Cedar Grove by the elephants we can use as a base for the day. Participants have access to the Farm, but not special access. Information about food and rental fees for the Grove are below:
    RENTAL FEE:

    There is a rental fee for the use of Cedar Grove.

    Guests Fee
    1-100 $500.00
    101-200 $900.00
    200+ $1100.00

    The rental fee includes:

    The use of Cedar Grove for the day.
    Two Grant’s Farm associates to assist and serve your group during serving hours.
    Set up and clean up of Cedar Grove.
    Free parking for all your guests
    CREATE YOUR OWN MENU:

    Pork Steak
    Grilled Chicken
    Hamburger
    Pulled BBQ Pork or Beef
    Baked Beans
    Green Beans
    Potato Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Fruit Salad
    Green Salad
    Brownies
    Cake

    STANDARD LUNCH BUFFET:

    $12.00 per adult $8.00 per child.

    Lunch includes:

    Bratwurst
    Hot Dog
    Cole Slaw
    Potato Chips
    Ice cream Cups
    Drinks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grant's Farm called back. They have an area called Cedar Grove by the elephants we can use as a base for the day. Participants have access to the Farm, but not special access. Information about food and rental fees for the Grove are below:
    RENTAL FEE:

    There is a rental fee for the use of Cedar Grove.

    Guests Fee
    1-100 $500.00
    101-200 $900.00
    200+ $1100.00

    The rental fee includes:

    The use of Cedar Grove for the day.
    Two Grant’s Farm associates to assist and serve your group during serving hours.
    Set up and clean up of Cedar Grove.
    Free parking for all your guests
    CREATE YOUR OWN MENU:

    Pork Steak
    Grilled Chicken
    Hamburger
    Pulled BBQ Pork or Beef
    Baked Beans
    Green Beans
    Potato Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Fruit Salad
    Green Salad
    Brownies
    Cake

    STANDARD LUNCH BUFFET:

    $12.00 per adult $8.00 per child.

    Lunch includes:

    Bratwurst
    Hot Dog
    Cole Slaw
    Potato Chips
    Ice cream Cups
    Drinks

    ReplyDelete